Library book haul ♥

Thursday, February 21, 2013


From left to right: Long Lost by Harlan Coben, Saving Rachel by John Locke, Standoff by Sandra Brown and Insurgent by Veronica Roth.

Hello, lovelies! A few days ago I went back to my favorite place - library. I've been a bookworm since kindergarten and the place where I'm surrounded by all tipes of books is one of my favorites. I've been quite late to return the books I 'borrowed' last time so I had to pay penalty but that didn't affect my spirits to find something new. I get an e-mail when a book that I order is available (you can order books from their e-catalog online, sometimes you have to wait a month or so if it's taken) and I ordered 'Insurgent' by Veronica Roth as soon as it became available in my language but it's already been taken. Well, I waited. And waited some more. But then, to my surprise, I got an e-mail, saying that I can finally come pick it up! I was more than excited to read it since I was really impressed with Divergent and read it in one sitting (until 1am but still). I rushed there after school and I wouldn't be me if I didn't go through to all the aisles looking for some more reads not only for me, for my boyfriend too. I picked up 3 more books besides Insurgent, all 3 of them being detective/thriller novels. 
I'm already familiar with Sandra Brown's and Harlan Coben's books but I've never read anything by John Locke. I'm guilty of judging a book by it's cover this time. The text is imitating blood and it reminds me of some kind of scary movie's DVD cover or something and I'm into that. (Can be seen in the picture above, the second book from the left).
As you can see, I like detectives. And young adult novels. Also, I'm familiar with sci-fi and fantasy novels. 
I will do my Recent Reads post as soon as I finish Insurgent. If you want a review for any of the ones I picked up, leave a request in the comments. And if not, well, I will probably do it anyways ;) If you want to keep up with what I'm reading - visit my Goodreads account :)
Have a great day, everyone. Thanks for reading ♥




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments means a lot! Thanks for talking to me. I answer every single one ♥

If you have any questions, feel free to email me or tweet me @chantellieve.

Talk to you soon, Eve XO

Design by | SweetElectric