nails of the day #3 | catrice 'london's weather forecast'

Friday, August 23, 2013


hello lovelies! hope you are having a great week so far, I can't believe how time is flying by, it's only a week left before my last school year! today I wanted to share this quick nail art thing I've done out of pure boredom. I wanted to spice up my nails just a bit and came up with this polka-dotted nail design. also, not a long while ago I purchased three Catrice nail polishes that I believe were discontinued because they were so cheap I even asked the sales assistant if there was something wrong with them! they are all autumn shades and no-one was buying them in the summer except me. I thought it would be perfect for upcoming fall.



Catrice 'london's weather forecast' is a gorgeous grey polish with slight blue tint to it. it is perfect for fall because of the rain and all, also it's a color that is really easy to spice up with brighter colors and make a transition color out of it, that's what I decided to do. since it's still summer here I didn't want to go with full on grey on my nails, so I decided that pink and black would compliment it very well and in my opinion, it did!
grey and pink were always my combo, I think it looks so chic and put together but also great staple coloring. they are not too out-there but not too blank either. I got so many compliments while wearing this, I was amazed!
the only downside to this polish, and I believe that's why it's so cheap, it chipped in a day. it also might be the fact that I only put one coat of this because I was too lazy for it to dry. I haven't tried any polishes from the permanent line but I'm dying to try 'pimp my shrimp' next, it's a gorgeous coral color!
I can't wait to do NOTD posts for other two colors I've picked up, it's a green and dark blue color.

have you tried any catrice nail polishes? what are your fave nail polishes?


8 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely colour. The name would also be appropriate for Edinburgh :P I always find that nail polishes chip faster if there's only one coat!

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's the case, I'll try and do two coats today and see how that holds up. :) x
      thanks for your comment (:

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty! I usually shy away from nail art because it looks so complicated but this is really sophisticated without looking like it would overwhelm me haha. The base colour is very appropriate for today - there were grey skies where I was, not great for August! xx

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm rubbish at doing nail art, I always fail and have to start again but this was so easy it's funny!
      oh, the grey skies are starting to bother me too, it's getting colder every day! x

      Delete
  3. I love the nail art, very interesting!! Haha the name seems appropriate! ;)

    inamakeupminute.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) I've never been to london but from everyone's talking I suppose it is very appropriate :D

      Delete
  4. So cute!!

    Find me on bloglovin:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7392713

    ReplyDelete

Comments means a lot! Thanks for talking to me. I answer every single one ♥

If you have any questions, feel free to email me or tweet me @chantellieve.

Talk to you soon, Eve XO

Design by | SweetElectric